Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Status: Exempt
Salary: $49,000 - $65,000
Benefits: Vacation, sick time, retirement, employee assistance program
Hours: 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
Location: 420 Chartiers Avenue, McKees Rocks, PA
The Director of Development, a member of the senior leadership team, will lead the fundraising and data management efforts designed to advance the mission of Focus on Renewal and enhance the donor experience. Duties of this position will include raising dollars through major giving, annual giving, grants and special events. The incumbent will:
Educate the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and staff members in the systems, protocols and implementation techniques necessary to enhance the development program
· Collaborate with a newly-formed cohort to create a multi-year development plan/strategy
· Launch Raiser’s Edge for the organization: educate, train and mentor staff
· Lead fundraising strategy and efforts
· Cultivate major gift donor prospects and close major gifts
· Manage foundation/corporate relations and grant programs
· Oversee special events, including the management of staff and volunteers
· Create and monitor messaging for the organization through various communications efforts, including social media
The incumbent should possess:
· A Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
· Prior experience working at a nonprofit organization with demonstrated fundraising results
· Knowledge/use of Raiser’s Edge
· Commitment to the best practices in nonprofit fundraising
· Excellent communications skills with the ability to generate passion in others about the organization’s mission
· The ability to lead others; be mission-driven and self-directed
· Demonstrate a collaborative, positive and ethical work style
· The ability to work a flexible schedule
· Act 33 and 34 clearances
Early Head Start Recruiter
Focus on Renewal’s Family Foundations program is seeking a full-time Parent Engagement Specialist who will connect families to our life changing services! Our program is designed to meet the needs of diverse, low-income families with an emphasis on healthy parent-child relationships, and experiences that ultimately support the child’s readiness for school.
Actively seek expectant mothers, and families with children birth to 3 years to enroll in our free home visit program.
Develop creative recruiting strategies that help maintain current enrollment numbers in the McKees Rocks and North Side sites, as well as a wait list.
Develop partnerships with community agencies and attend events such as neighborhood block parties, farmer’s markets and community events.
Bring passion, creativity and excellent communication skills to your work with families, community and co-workers
Family Foundations was one of the pioneers of the Early Head Start movement over 20 years ago and continues to make successful partnerships with families who want the best for their children and themselves. Be the first person from our team to start a relationship that could change a family’s life forever!
Associate’s Degree in human services or a related field; Bachelor's Degree preferred Sales, marketing and advertising experience helpful
Excellent organization and communication skills
Three (3) years experience with families and/or community agencies
Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, families and community agencies Must possess Act 33 and 34, FBI fingerprints and Megan’s Law clearances
About Focus On Renewal:
The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) was founded in 1969. FOR founders led a group of mobilized citizens and community activists to create an umbrella organization for much needed social services now ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, support groups and mental health to arts programs for ages and small business incubation.
FOR has now grown to house 30+ staff at 6 locations throughout McKees Rocks and Stowe Township. The Organization provides support to the people in our community through programs for all ages aimed towards the development of healthy mind, body and spirit. We work with a wide range of partners to ensure high quality programming is accessible to all 13,000 residents of the Sto-Rox Community.
Interested applicants should forward a resume to email@example.com.