Family Engagement Home Visitor
AGENCY: Focus on Renewal
DEPARTMENT: Family Foundation Early Head Start
POSITION: Family Engagement Home Visitor
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, occasional evenings and Saturdays as needed
REPORTS TO: Sue Stiffler
LOCATION(S): McKees Rocks and surrounding neighborhoods
About Focus On Renewal:
The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) was founded in 1969. FOR founders led a group of mobilized citizens and community activists to create an umbrella organization for much needed social services now ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, support groups and mental health to arts programs for ages and small business incubation.
FOR has now grown to house 30+ staff at 6 locations throughout McKees Rocks and Stowe Township. FOR provides support to the people in our community through programs for all ages aimed towards the development of healthy mind, body and spirit. We work with a wide range of partners to ensure high quality programming is accessible to all 13,000 residents of the Sto-Rox Community.
About the Department:
Family Foundations provides home based, comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income families with children ages birth to three, including pregnant women. Its primary purpose is to enhance positive developmental outcomes of children through supportive services to the child, family and community of Sto-Rox.
About the Position:
This position requires the ability to form partnering relationships with families. The home visitor provides opportunities for families to make informed decisions and create their own family goals.
Weekly home visits with assigned families
Create and model developmentally appropriate experiences for children and parents to do together
Ensure the completion of developmental assessments
Facilitate infant/toddler and parent socialization activities several times per month.
Collaborate with the site team to design and implement strategies that support compliance with the Early Head Start Performance Standards.
B.S. in Child Development or ECE, family life or a related social service degree.
Minimum of two years experience with infants and toddlers, family support, case management.
Must have experience with residents in low-income neighborhoods.
Must have a working knowledge of services/resources in community.
Must have the ability to work collaboratively.
Must possess organizational, data entry and problem solving skills.
Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Must be able to provide clearances.
Email Susan Stiffler with submissions
Focus on Renewal is seeking a Center Aide for its Positive Parenting Family Support Program.
The Center Aide works 20 hours per week assisting the Family Development Specialist in pre-school curriculum to children whose families are enrolled in the program. The aide will work with children to encourage their healthy development and engaging in relationship with their families in order to support the entire family.
This is a part- time, year round position.
Reports to: Director of Positive Parenting
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Family Development Specialist (FDS) in facilitating preschool five days per week using Positive Parenting curriculum
- Support the FDS to foster growth in self-esteem, confidence and interest in play and learning
- Support the FDS in building relationships with parents to build trust, offer support and enhance the development of healthy parenting skills
- Maintain positive rapport with Family Development Specialist working together as a team
- Assist in the development of special events
- Keep all areas of the preschool clean and ensure a welcoming atmosphere
- Maintain confidentiality of all Positive Parenting families
- Complete paperwork as required
- Attend programmatic and agency wide staff meetings and training's
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working withdifferent types of families
- Must be able to get to any of the 3 different sites in Sto-Rox as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year experience working with young children
- Able to obtain Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI clearances
Please send resume to:
Positive Parenting Family Support ProgramCenter Aide