About the Ryan Arts Center & Sto-Rox Library
420 Chartiers Ave. McKees Rocks, PA 15136
Phone : (412) 331-1685
A Place for the Arts
Ryan Arts & Culture Center (RyanArts) of Focus On Renewal is a fully-accessible, multi-level facility with a vision of creating an environment that reaffirms the area’s traditions while expanding the region’s cultural and artistic opportunities. It accomplishes this vision by presenting interdisciplinary arts programming, live theater productions and unique exhibitions.
We also have a coffee shop!
RyanArts creates opportunities for the community and the individual to be inspired, empowered and enlightened through the arts.
Through the arts, RyanArts will foster a sense of accomplishment and hope by developing the spirit, mind and body of all who participate.
RyanArts has its origins in the outcome of the 1994 Sanders Consent Decree, which sought to address discrimination in public housing throughout Allegheny County. McKees Rocks was identified as one of seven communities in Allegheny County cited in a housing discrimination lawsuit filed by Cheryl Sanders and residents of low-income public housing plans in Allegheny County. The suit charged that a disproportionate share of these housing plans were located in a handful of communities in Allegheny County. On behalf of the people of McKees Rocks, Focus on Renewal (F.O.R.) applied to The Sanders Task Force and was awarded $800,000. As the steward of the settlement funds, FOR rallied residents to determine how the settlement funds should be used. Unanimously, the community called for a place to come together and express ideas, share local traditions and grow culturally resulting in the creation of the RyanArts.
RyanArts receives general operating support from the Allegheny Regional Asset District (RAD), a unit of local government with a mission to support and finance regional assets in the area of libraries, parks and recreation, cultural, sports and civic facilities and programs.
RyanArts Facility Rentals
The Ryan Arts & Culture Center offers affordable rental spaces for all of your meeting, celebration, and performance needs! Our staff will work closely with you to prepare one of our versatile spaces in a way that accommodates the unique needs of your event.
Give us a call at (412) 331-1685 ext. 310 or email Tcrisp@forstorox.org to make a rental request today!
- Retractable theater seating for up to 130 guests
- Theater Seating or Dinner Seating
- Wheelchair accessible
- Hanging projector and screen
- Access to theater lighting and sound services*
- Great for performance, family event, conference, lecture, recital, or film screening.
Monday - Thursday $275.00
Friday - Saturday $475.00
PERFORMANCE EVENT RATES
Monday - Thursday $350.00
Friday - Sunday $450.00
- If lighting and sound services are needed, RyanArts will provide House Technician at a rate of $35/hr.
- House Technicians must be paid for a minimum 4 hours of service.
- Any technical design elements must be submitted to House Technician at least 72 hours prior to event.
- If alcohol will be present in any capacity, RyanArts will provide an insured, RAMP-certified bartender at a rate of $35/hr.
- Bartenders must be paid for a minimum 4 hours of service.
- Alcohol-related requests must be laid out at least 30 days prior to event.
*Technical Services offered at an additional fee
**No open flame permitted in theater
- Wall hangings and pedestals available for display of art exhibits
- Opening night reception included in long-term gallery rental
- Portable projector and screen available upon request
- Comfortably seats up to 30 for meetings*
(GALLERY OR DIGITAL LABS)
Lunch area will be provided for an additional $50.
Hold an Opening Night Reception in Baverso Theater for an additional $100!
All other Art Gallery rentals will be suspended for the length of any exhibitions.
*No rentals are offered in the Art Gallery while exhibits are on display
STUDIO SPACES & WORKSHOPS
We have several different studio spaces to serve a variety of different purposes:
- 2 Dance Studios
- Open space, perfect for rehearsals and lessons
- Drawing Studio
- Private space, ideal for classes and meetings
- Digital Literacy Lab
- Smart Board, computer tables & Laptops. Great for small business presentations or seminars.
- Pottery/Sculpture Studio
BUSINESS HOUR RATES
$40.00/hr. per room
$50.00/hr. per room
*Please note that renters are responsible for providing their own materials and technology
Unless otherwise noted, prices listed reflect minimum fee for facility usage of any length under 5 hours. Events extending beyond 5 hours will be subject to an additional $30/hr. charge to cover house management.
Set-up and clean-up times are included in 5-hr base rate. If additional prep time is needed, house management costs my apply.